Free themes are perfect if you're just starting out with Jekyll. Since they're free, you don't have to worry about choosing the wrong theme.
Landing Page Theme
Landing page themes are usually single-page themes where your product or company is the focus.
Not for profit themed template for Jekyll. Browse through a live demo. Increase the web presence of a not for profit or cause website with this configurable theme.
CloudCannon was made by CloudCannon, the Cloud CMS for Jekyll.
Find more templates, themes and step-by-step Jekyll tutorials at CloudCannon Academy.
- Add your site details in
- Add your Google Analytics to
- Get a workflow going to see your site’s output (with CloudCannon or Jekyll locally).
Cause was built with Jekyll version 3.3.1, but should support newer versions as well.
Install the dependencies with Bundler:
jekyll commands through Bundler to ensure you’re using the right versions:
$ bundle exec jekyll serve
Cause is already optimised for updating pages, company details and footer elements in CloudCannon.
This site uses the jekyll-seo-tag plugin. You should at least set a title in front matter on each page. Have a look at the project page for more options.
Google Analytics is a third party website analytics tool. To install:
- Add your Google Analytics key to
- Run your site in production
JEKYLL_ENV=production. This is the default in CloudCannon and GitHub Pages.
Donorbox is a third party embeddable donation form for websites. To install:
- Set up a campaign on Donorbox
- Copy the embed code from the Dashboard screen
- Paste it into
Mailchimp is a third party embeddable newsletter for websites. To install:
- Set up a campaign on Mailchimp
- Find the embed code for the sign up form
- Copy the
<form>’s action url
- Paste it into
- Reused around the site to save multiple editing locations.
- Set in the Data / Company section.