Blog themes are the perfect Jekyll themes to use if you're looking to start your own blog, they're optmized for readability, so you can focus on writing.
Free themes are perfect if you're just starting out with Jekyll. Since they're free, you don't have to worry about choosing the wrong theme.
Landing Page Theme
Landing page themes are usually single-page themes where your product or company is the focus.
Portfolio themes are perfect if you're looking to show of your work.
A Jekyll version of the “Forty” theme by HTML5 UP.
How to Use
For those unfamiliar with how Jekyll works, check out jekyllrb.com for all the details, or read up on just the basics of front matter, writing posts, and creating pages.
- GitLab: Simply fork this repository and start editing the _config.yml file!
- GitHub: Fork this reposity and create a branch named gh-pages, then start editing the _config.yml file.
- Formspree.io contact form integration - just add your email to the _config.yml and it works!
- Use _config.yml to set whether the homepage tiles should pull pages or posts, as well as how many to display.
- Add your social profiles easily in _config.yml. Only social profiles buttons you enter in config.yml show up on the site footer!
- Set featured images in front matter.